The V International
conference PHONETICS TODAY will be held on October 8-10, 2007
under the aegis of the Russian Language Institute (Russian Academy of
Sciences) in Moscow. We invite papers in all areas of phonetic sciences
including, but not exclusively:
- Acoustic and auditory phonetics
- Methods and techniques in instrumental phonetics
- Word and sentence prosody
- Issues in phonological theory
- Phonological description of languages (papers within any framework are
- Fieldwork in phonetics and phonology
- Historical phonetics and phonology
- Trends in phonological developments
Languages in contact
- First language acquisition
- Second language acquisition
To submit a PAPER, please send your abstract, of no more than 2 pages in
12-point font, 1.5-spaced. Authors are asked to submit their abstracts no
later than March 1, 2007, as RTF files either by e-mail attachment or by post
(a diskette plus one hard copy). Please include name, address, affiliation,
and e-mail or other contact information.
There will be several slots to accommodate panel proposals. Panels will
include three or four speakers with one speaker serving as a moderator.
To submit a PANEL proposal, please send us the panel title,
name of the moderator and abstracts as described above. Please
note that we have a limited number of slots for panel proposals, and
earlier submissions will have an advantage.
Traditionally there are special graduate studentsí sessions within the
framework of the conference and graduate students are encouraged to submit
The official conference languages are Russian
Send your proposals to the following address:
Department of Phonetics
Russian Language Institute
conference committee will meet early in May to finalize the selection process.
We will notify you of your acceptance status by May 15, 2007.